Sunday, May 8, 2011

Call of Duty Escalation Review

Call of Duty Map Pack Review
By Peter Allen

Early last week, the best selling video game shooter Call of Duty released its final map pack for Call of Duty Black Ops. This map pack called Escalation would have around four multiplayer maps and one zombie map. The zombie map, called Call of the Dead would be about the actors from the very first modern zombie movie, Night of the Living Dead. It would also have the director of the movie George Romero. Now, I know that this was getting a lot of mixed feelings. However, I liked this zombie map a lot. They did something different and it payed off. I was actually getting a bit bored of the old characters. I thought it was also a good idea to put a boss zombie in the map as well. George Romero is one tough guy to kill and an even tougher zombie. I also liked that there is now a weapon that can change zombies back to people. The only real complaint that I have here is that the map is just there. It has nothing really to do with the actual story line. They just put it in there to be funny.

Now, on to the multiplayer. I really liked the maps here. There are four maps. These are Zoo, Hotel, and two others that I can not remember. These are all fun. All these maps are really huge and it never seems that you can not move without getting shot in the head. They also now let you use the map as a way to help you kill. You can swing on ropes and go to high ground. SO, all in all this is a great map pack. The zombies add the funny while the maps add the competitive. There are just a few problems which is why I will give it a 9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment